A 124 (Main Campus)
9th Grade Center-Front office area
Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of Minnesota-Duluth
My name is Cara Coster. In 1990, after college graduation, I moved to El Paso to pursue my dream job; teaching. For 16 years I enjoyed touching young lives in the classroom. In 2006 I had the privilege of joining the Cougar family as Franklin's At Risk Coordinator. In 2016 the title of my job changed to Graduation Coach. I have offices on both the Main Campus and at the 9th Grade Center. I love my job, and feel blessed every day to have the opportunity to work with the amazing young people here at Franklin High School.
My favorite quote:
The Best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Vision: We will treat, serve, and respect all students solely by name and individual need.
Purpose: Graduation coaches work with students and families to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
· Provide support to students who would like to return to school.
· Working with individual students on academic concerns
· Identifying resources for pregnant and parenting pupils
· Identifying resources for homeless students
· Providing academic support including mentoring and tutoring information
· Connect families and students to community resources