Membership in the NHS is one of the highest honors that can be awarded to a high school student. Our chapter strives to give practical meaning to the Society’s standards of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These four ideals are considered as the basis for selection.
No student is inducted simply because of a high academic average. The National Honor Society strives to recognize the total student—one who excels in all of these areas. The standards used for selection are:
1. Completed at least 1 full semester at Franklin High School
2. Currently enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
3. Completed Candidate Information Packet - Click here
4. GPA of 3.5 or higher
5. Completed required EPISD Community Service Hours for semesters enrolled
6. Two Letters of Recommendation attesting to your leadership and character